As Flu season is approaching we would like to make everyone aware of the precautions and process that have been put in place during COVID- 19.
All patients must adhere to the social distancing guidelines and that all patients wear a face covering when attending the surgery. We will also be taking patient temperatures before they are able to enter the building.
Due to the precautions we have in place you may be expected to queue, but as we all are fighting Covid-19 together we do hope you understand exactly why we are doing this.
Letters are being sent to eligable patients advising them of the dates, so the phone lines will not be overloaded with flu bookings, patients that are unable to come to the practice will be vaccinated at home and our most vulnerable patients will be vaccinated as soon as possible.
Update From NHS England – 50-64 yr olds
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
- All Patients MUST bring the letter they recieved stating their annual flu vaccination is due.
(YOU WILL NOT BE SEEN WITHOUT IT)
- You will need to queue outside of the practice and remain socially distanced until a clinician is avaliable, this may take some time.
- You will be screened for Coronavirus symptons before you enter the practice.
- You will be required to wear a face covering, please bring one with you.
- No other facilities, like booking appointments, or, prescription collection will be available on these days.
- Please be ready to recieve your vaccination with your coat off and your sleeve rolled up.